Tuesday 26 February 2008

Choices

Is love the end of the world
Or is the world the end of love?
I can see one path from the other
But I cannot walk on both.
I can barely walk at all.
Instead I find a signpost,
Grimly test my mettle.
But metal is a knife
A blade that cuts in with breath.
Splits me from myself
Leaves me hollow and formless.
Twin paths pull feet
Not caring I am torn, I am broken.
I try to walk both paths
Never giving myself over to either.
One following the signpost
And one follows me.
I am never together and ignore the signs.
But then the signpost does not consider me.
I am left, without concern or consult,
To walk the paths hoping that they may cross
And I can be together again.
Or shall I be whole now?
Use my sharp breath to cut me from the signpost.
I can push myself away and choose a path
I could walk out into the world and smile.
Yes, maybe might even smile again.
Ignore the signpost’s one direction
Its destination not found in a single place.
Knowing that one path holds the other,
If I stop steering by your direction.


----------------
Now playing: Editors - An End has a Start
via FoxyTunes

No comments: